A big thank you to the girls@ The Broke and Bookish! They created this weekly Meme that I am just getting started in!
Top Ten Books of 2011
Note: If they all could be #1 - most of these books would be!
1. Anna and the French Kiss. - I JUST READ THIS. LAST WEEK. Boy was I missing out- I believe this was one of the most refreshing romances I have read this year! I loved it and therefore it is #1.
2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- This book was so messed up and twisted. I couldn't put it down- If you have not read this- then it should be at the top of your To Be Read NOW list.
3. Getting Over Garrett Delaney- If you have read my review you know why I love it- but quick recap: The friendship and true meaning is great and exemplifies how real life REALLY works.
4. Son of Neptune- Just because it really, truly ROCKED.
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone- This book was weird and wonderful and strange and alluring all at the same time- great read.
6. Where the Truth Lies- this title has a double meaning- and I love it. This book is super messed up- if you enjoy twisted realistic fiction tales. Then a definite book for you.
7. Break-Once again- another messed up tale I enjoyed. This book is about a boy who breaks his own bones intentionally and his goal is breaking all of them. Short read but super powerful.
8. Divergent- Dystopian. Romance. Mystery. Thriller. What more can you ask for??
9. Crank- Powerful message conveyed through poetry... and drugs are scary...
10. Songs for a Teenage Nomad- I just loved this book- very relatable... cute but not too cheesy. Great balance.
Well I fear that is the end of my Top Ten Books I read in 2011...
Now it is up to you!
What is your top ten- post in the comment section and I will add your link to this blog post.
I hope you all had a very Happy Holidays-
2012- It is OUR year!